Anonymous asked: if you could pick any 8 girls to go to the american cup (it doesn't matter if they're not from the countries that would normally be invited) who would you pick?
Okay, this is very very unlikely (and I’m also going to assume that Russia wouldn’t go), but this is my dream list:
- Simone Biles
- Kyla Ross
- Larisa Iordache
- Enus Mariani
- Victoria Moors
- Giulia Steingruber
- Roxana Popa
- Yao Jinnan
I would also like to see Diana Bulimar (assuming she would be recovered by then), Mai Murakami, Shang Chunsong, Ruby Harrold, Ellie Black, Elizabeth Price, Brenna Dowell, Noemi Makra, Ana Sofia Gomez Porras, and Vanessa Ferrari, but those are my top choices.
My new favourite Soviet gymnast is Tatiana Groshkova. This beam routine, well - no, I can’t, JUST WATCH IT. Difficult, elegant, exciting, and beautiful.
She is also one of only two gymnastics ever to perform a double full in on floor. A video of which I will now post.
One of the best beam routines of ALL TIME!!!
obsessivebutterflyxx asked: i love your theme ;) haha question: top five fave gymnasts and your favourite skill to watch them perform? (any apparatus)
Ahh I’m sorry it took me like a week to get to this- I kept forgetting! I will probably change my mind on who my favorites are a lot (and they’re in no particular order), but here it goes:
- Cheng Fei: either her Amanar, her Cheng (duh), her tripe twist (especially with the whip before it), or her turns on floor (it was usually a triple turn).
- Aliya Mustafina: her pak to stalder 1/2 combination (and the variations on it) on bars and her double arabian to stag on floor.
- Nastia Liukin: her Yurchenko 1.5 (in 2008, her vaulting wasn’t always so good), that series on beam (I’m pretty sure it’s an aerial walkover to BHS to LOSO, but I can’t quite remember), her Onodi (and the wolf jump with it), her Liukin, and her pirouettes on bars.
- Lilia Podkopayeva: her Podkopayeva (double front half-out on floor), her Chusovitinas on bars (I don’t know why I find them so satisfying), and her beam mount (front tuck).
- Anna Pavlova: her double layout, LOSO, her switch ring, and her turn in back attitude on floor (also that jump to split/prone thing she did at the end), her Onodi, Scissone, and BHS to layout on beam, and her DTY.
Anonymous asked: Sometimes the anon button doesn't like keeping the Santa secret. Lol. I really hope you will have a great Friday! Just one more day till weekend! Let's hope for some more snow too! ;) Yay! -Secret Santa
Oooh you got snow? Lucky!!!
Anonymous asked: I really hope your Tuesday was great and that you enjoyed it. Sorry for being such a clumsy Santa.... I wish you will have an amazing Wednesday and good luck with all your activities! -Secret Santa
That’s okay (and thanks)!